The Royal Chitwan National Park, situated 165 km overland or 25 minutes by air to the southwest of Katmandu, is one of the richest safari destinations in Asia. Spread over an area of 932 sq. km, it offers a unique ecosystem encompassing hills, ox-bow lakes, flood plains, tall grasslands and thick jungles dominated by Sal trees (Shored Robust). Chitwan is home to more than 40 species of wild animals, many of which are rare and endangered. They include the One-Horned Rhino, Royal Bengal Tiger, Gharial Crocodile, Wild Elephant, Four-Horned Antelope, Striped Hyena and the Gangetic Dolphin. Over 450 species of birds like the Bengal Florida, Giant Hornbill, Sarus Crane, the Racket-Tailed Drongo and other exotic varieties delight bird watchers. Jungle activities include sightseeing on elephant-back, canoe rides on the rivers, jeep drives, jungle walks and village tours.
- Upon your arrival at bus stop/airport/at the hotel gate, hotel staff will receive you. You will be then transferred to Resort & offer refreshments, be given a briefing on resort and its facilities. After being given your program schedule for the day, your room will then be allocated.
- After your refreshment and little rest staff would start to serve you hot Lunch (it is depends on your arrival time though, it is only possible before 3 pm arrivals).
- There would be seasonal activities about Elephant briefing & bathing (especially in hot season).
- Elephant safari, an excellent opportunity to see four different kind of dear, rhinoceros, wild boar, monkeys, leopard, sloth bear, and the Royal Bengal tiger you will also encounter many other smaller mammals that have made Chitwan their home.
- Tharu cultural dance presentation (which you can also participate in) by the local villagers or a slide show presentation on almost everything under the Chitwan.
- After the cultural program would be Dinner time Before heading to bed Your guide will recap next day’s program and time tables
- Wakeup call with cup of hot tea/coffee
- Serve choice of your breakfast from their hotel menu
- Then we start our rest of morning for canoe ride along the Rapti River an excellent opportunity for bird watching and for seeing the 2 rare species of crocodiles the Marsh Mugger and the only fish eating Gharial.
- Departure for onward your journey by bus/flight/car as we organized your booking in advance.